Reykjavik, 13 December 2007
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20535-0001
As a researcher and author, I have a few questions regarding the PENTTBOM investigation that was carried out under the jurisdiction of the FBI.
1. What was the official mandate of PENTTBOM? Can you provide the text of this mandate?
2. Whom did the PENTTBOM team interview?
– Families of 9/11 victims (passengers and others who died on 9/11)
– Families of crew members who died on 9/11
– Families of the hijackers (which?)
– Airport personnel (which?)
– Airlines’ personnel (which?)
– Others (which?)
3. Were PENTTBOM interviews recorded on tape or on video?
4. Is there an overview or listing of these interviews?
5. In whose custody does the forensic evidence collected on 9/11 remain, including items recovered from the crash sites and from the departure airports?
6. What reports have been issued by the PENTTBOM team and how can one obtain these reports?
7. Has the PENTTBOM team been dismantled? If so, when? If not, what remains its role and how large is that team?
In the hope that you are in a position to answer these questions, I thank you in advance for your assistance and remain,