THE AGGRESSIVE AND TERRORIST ACTIVITIES OF THE US ADMINISTRATION AGAINST THE LIBYAN PEOPLE
– In 1972 Washington refused to conduct any dialogue or any diplomatic relations at the ambassadorial level with the Jamahiriya. On 30 May 1973, a US aircraft entered Libyan air space during the maneuvers of the Sixth Fleet.
– In 1974 the delivery of 8 DC 1309 planes to Libya was blocked, despite the previous payment of $60,000 in cash.
– On 3 January 1975 the US Secretary of State threatened to use force against oil-producing countries.
– In 1977 the Pentagon put the Jamahiriya on its list of enemies of the USA.
– In 1978 the USA waged an undeclared economic war against Libya with the aim of discontinuing Libya’s export business, including the delivery of Boeing planes for civilian air traffic.
– On 24 January 1978 the US Department of State declared that Libya was the first state against which the USA would take retaliatory measures on account of its position on the Palestinian question.
– During the period from 27 to 30 July 1978, the Sixth US Fleet conducted maneuvers near Libyan territorial waters.
– In 1979 the CIA began to recruit agents and mercenaries through "Thomas Allen Tunin", chief of the CIA unit in New Delhi, including the spy Mohammed Youssef Al-Magrief.
– On 8 and 9 August 1979 the Sixth US Fleet conducted maneuvers near Libyan territorial waters at 32.30