The Hare-Brained Scheme
Saturday, January 07, 2006
posted by Spooked
If you are a terrorist ring-leader, you have about 19 men at your disposal, and you want to kill a lot of Americans and inflict heavy damage to America, what do you do?
Wouldn’t you choose a plan that was most likely to succeed, and not overly dependent upon luck?
Would you really choose something like the 9/11 attacks?
Think how many things could have gone wrong (if we accept the official story):
1) your cell is infiltrated and busted up while you are still learning to fly airplanes
2) you miss you flight or some of your men miss their flights (and why exactly did Mohamed Atta risk missing flight 11 by flying into Boston from Portland, Maine just a few minutes before flight 11 was supposed to take off?).
3) you or some of your men get caught by security at the airport (keep in mind, several Arab men buying one-way tickets with cash for first class seats should have set off alarm bells).
4) you fail to take over the plane armed with only small knives and boxcutters (considering this hadn’t been done before EVER, how would you know it would work at all?)
5) you can’t pilot the plane well enough to hit the target (piloting a plane you’ve never flown before is not trivial!).
6) the hijacked plane gets intercepted by the Air Force (certainly this should have happened in principle).
7) you reach the target but don’t hit the building properly and the plane crashes outside the building.
8) you hit the building, but the impact and fires do not cause collapse of the structures (after all, there was NO GUARANTEE that the plane crashes would take down the twin towers).
9) would you really take over a plane with only one-third of the normal number of passengers? Wouldn’t you want to have more full planes to kill more people?
10) wouldn’t you try to hit the world trade center later in the day when many thousands more people were at work? Yet this is not what happened.
11) wouldn’t you try to take more direct paths to your targets and also flights from closer airports to the targets?
12) if you are hijacking flight 93, and the plane takes off 40 minutes late, wouldn’t you try to hijack as soon as possible rather than wait another 30 minutes to start the hijacking?
13) wouldn’t you try to hit the most occupied part of the Pentagon, with the most high-ranking generals (instead of a recently renovated and sparsely occupied wing of the Pentagon)?
The fact is, there were far too many uncertainties in the 9/11 plan for it to be a viable terror attack. What terror mastermind with any brain would try to carry out such an unlikely plan?
Realistically, you would only be killing a few hundred people and destroying four aircraft– because there is no WAY you would count on the airplanes taking down the twin towers (which is where most people on 9/11 died). But with 19 men, aren’t there OTHER MUCH MORE sure-fire ways to kill hundreds of unsuspecting civilians?
The fact is, the only way 9/11 makes sense is as a completely rigged up job meant as a distraction or diversion from the actual bombing of the WTC towers. And the Pentagon attack really makes little sense except as a way to rile up the military (and perhaps to take out the Army accounting office).