March 18, 2004
Federal Bureau of Investigation
1. Secretary Rumsfeld in a press conference on September 11th indicated that that FBI had secured the Pentagon site. http://www.patriotresource.com/wtc/federal/0911/DoD.html Were the World Trade Center site and Flight 93 crash site also secured? If not, why not?
2. Which hijackers have been positively identified by DNA? Is the FBI in possession of DNA samples for all of the hijackers?
3. On the FBI?s Ten Most Wanted Fugitive poster, revised Nov. 2001, why isn’t the September 11th terrorist attack listed as one of Usama bin Laden’s crimes?
4. Why were bin Laden’s relatives whisked out of the US without the detailed questioning other Middle Easterners received, particularly since some members were being investigated for links to terrorism?
?But Newsnight has obtained evidence that the FBI was on the trail of other members of the] Bin Laden family for links to terrorist organisations before and after September 11th. This document is marked "Secret". Case ID – 199-Eye WF 213 589. 199 is FBI code for case type. 9 would be murder. 65 would be espionage. 199 means national security. ? http://www.gregpalast.com/printerfriendly.cfm?artid=104
5. There are reports that there were at least four other terrorist suspects (three of whom were reportedly Saudis) taking flight lessons at Rudi Dekker’s and Wallace Hilliard’s flight schools, Huffman Aviation and/or Ambassador Aviation. Turki M. Almasri, 22, a Saudi national, was named in a story in the Washington Post. The other three include two Saudis, Kamran Hussain, traveling on a UK passport; and Ahmad Badri, who had a Swedish passport; and Marwaan Shemisi, with passports from both Italy and Libya. Is this true?
6. There are conflicting news reports of Mohammed Atta’s whereabouts prior to 9/11. Rudi Dekkers testified that “On December 24th, 2000, Atta and Alshehhi rented a Warrior (N555HA) from Huffman Aviation for a flight.” What is the timeline for Atta’s entry into the United States and for his movements?
7. Was Moussaoui in Venice, Florida? From an interview with a Venice, Florida Yellow Cab driver, Bob Simpson:
"A big bald guy who was there helped me," Simpson said, identifying Zacharias Moussaoui, the so-called 19th hijacker whose trial may be transferred from Federal Court to military tribunal, as the man who had helped carry the chest."
8. Please review the results of inquiries (if any) into the actions of Michael Maltbie and Marion “Spike? Bowman, in the Moussaoui case.
9. Why weren’t the White House and the FAA advised of the Minneapolis agent’s assessment of Moussaoui?
?An FBI agent in Minneapolis, Minnesota, writes a memo suggesting Zacarias Moussaoui is training to learn to fly planes into buildings. The agent "mentioned the possibility of Moussaoui being that type of person that could fly something into the World Trade Center," FBI Director Robert Mueller later tells Congress. The FBI notifies the CIA about Moussaoui, but neither agency tells the White House Counterterrorism Security Group. The Federal Aviation Administration, also told about Moussaoui, decides not to warn airlines about a possible threat, an FAA official says.? http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/21/phoenix.memo/
10. The FBI has concluded that there is “no evidence that allies of Osama bin Laden were involved,” in the unusual volume and ratio of stock puts to calls on American and United Airlines stock and other agencies directly impacted by the terrorist attacks.
*Recommendation : The Commission should bring in for questioning those identified by the FBI as purchasers of the large amounts of stock puts. Ask them to produce the research which indicated that early September, 2001, was a fortuitous time to purchase an extraordinarily large number of stock puts in the airlines and firms which just happened to be involved in the terrorist attack. The FBI?s statement that the purchasers are not associates of bin Laden is unacceptable.
11. Did the CIA notify the FBI of unusual number of stock puts?
12. Has the FBI investigated the charge that there was an unexplained surge in financial transactions totaling more than 100 million dollars electronically passed through the World Trade Center immediately prior to, and during its destruction on 9/11? If not, why not?
13. The Federal Code specifically assigns the F.A.A. Administrator and the F.B.I. Director joint responsibility for assessing threats to aviation security. Part of their task is to carry our periodic assessments of security at each airport in the system. http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/49/44904.html
14. What were the conclusions of the investigation into death of Katherine Smith on the eve of her testimony in the case fraudulently providing five Middle Eastern men with driver’s licenses? http://www.sptimes.com/2002/02/17/Worldandnation/Fiery_death_raises_fe.shtml
15. Regarding the hijacked planes, please explain the whereabouts and date of public release of
17. Please describe exactly what was recorded on the video of the World Trade Center that was filmed by the Israelis in New Jersey who were later picked up for questioning? Where is the video now? Sunday Herald, November 2, 2003
18. Does the FBI have the commercial and US military flight school records for each hijacker? Who authorized the visas required for the hijackers to attend flight schools at military bases?
19. Why weren’t the flight schools shut down, or the terrorists deported, if the “FBI Knew Terrorists Were Using Flight Schools? for years, as reported in the Washington Post, September 23, 2001.
20. Given that the attack was apparently known in the Muslim community, (based on the following information) how is it that our intelligence agents did not know of the impending attack?